Virginia Satir, a wise therapist and author in the 1900’s, talked about the five freedoms for personal power. Soul mates understand the value of these freedoms.
- “The freedom to see and hear what is here instead of what should be, was, or will be.
- The freedom to say what one feels and thinks, instead of what one should.
- The freedom to feel what one feels, instead of what one ought.
- The freedom to ask for what one wants, instead of always waiting for permission.
- The freedom to take risks in one’s own behalf, instead of choosing to be only “secure” and not “rocking the boat.”
This is just another way to describe allowing each other to be who you are–the greatest gift you can give.